Why Advanced Navigation?
When you're underwater, knowing where you are and where you're going comes in handy, especially if you're looking for that beautiful reef that you've heard all about. The Advanced Navigation Specialty course will take you a step further and help you become a pro at finding your way underwater.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certified (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty
- Minimum age: 15 years old
What will I do?
During the Advanced Navigation Specialty course, you'll build upon what you learned in PADI's Underwater Navigator Specialty and sharpen your underwater navigation skills and become proficient with the Nav-Finder. During the four dives you will learn how to improve your natural navigation skills and then move into in-depth training with the Nav-Finder. If you like exploring large areas and ending up where you started from this course is a must. You will run four and five leg patterns and come back to within 10 feet from where you started.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours:12
- Minimum Open Water Training: four dives over two days
What will I need?
- Underwater Navigator Specialty Crew-Pack
What does the course cost?
- $200 plus course materials
Where can I go from here?
Your Advanced Navigation Specialty counts toward your Master Scuba Diver certification. To polish your navigation, stop by to sign up.